The information submitted below will be used to create an online application in our Application System. You will receive a confirmation email or text. Therefore, please provide an email or cell phone number below.
- Enrollment: into Lyceum is for Kindergarten and 1st grade.
- Age eligibility: For Kindergarten, the student must be 5 years old by December 31st, 2020. For 1st grade, the student must be 6 years old by December 31, 2020.
- Selection: If the number of applicants is equal to or less than the available seats, all applicants will be accepted. If the number of applicants is greater than available seats, a lottery will be held at Hamilton Grange Library (the community room) on Monday, April 6, 2020 at 1pm. Target language program will be assigned after the student has been admitted.
- Application: Complete one application per student which must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Applications received after the deadline will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which they were received.
- Lottery Preference: children who are residents of CSD 6, siblings1 and children of employees2. All students who are eligible for NYC DOE Public Schools are eligible to apply.
- Target Language Program: Lyceum students will receive engaging instruction in both English and Target language (Spanish or Mandarin). You are encouraged to indicate a preference on the next page in the Student Information portion of the application.
- Required Information: Items marked with an asterisk (*) are the only items required for admission to Lyceum. Items not marked by an (*) are optional.
CSD 6 is approximately from 135th St to 220th St (Riverside Drive to St. Nicholas Ave/Harlem River Drive). Please visit NYC DOE to confirm your school district residence.
Non-Discrimination Statement: A charter school shall not discriminate against or limit the admission of any student on any unlawful basis, including on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, race, creed, religion or ancestry. A school may not require any action by a student or family (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session, etc.) in order for an applicant to either receive or submit an application for admission to that school.
1A sibling is a brother or sister who lives at the same address, including half, step and foster siblings. A separate application must be submitted for each child.
2Children of employees may constitute no more than fifteen percent of the charter school’s total enrollment.