Education Unlimited Lyceum Charter School, known as Lyceum Charter School, shall not discriminate against or limit the admission of any student on any unlawful basis, including on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, intellectual ability, sexual orientation, religion or ancestry or any other basis that would be unlawful for a public school.
Lyceum may not require any action by a student or family (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session, etc.) in order for an applicant to either receive or submit an application for admission to our school. The school shall be open to any child who is eligible under the laws of New York State for admission to a public school, and the school shall ensure compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws governing public schools, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and §2854(2) of the New York Education Law, governing admission to a charter school. New students will be admitted each year without regard to prior measures of achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, disability, ethnicity, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other grounds that would be unlawful.
Households may request an application form by phone, email, in person or through our website. Applications will be available in languages of instruction and will be made available in other languages as needed. Students who are eligible for NYC DOE Public Schools are eligible to apply for EULCS.
Enrollment into EULCS is for Kindergarten and 1st grade. For Kindergarten, the child must be 5 years old by December 31st, 2020. For 1st grade the child must be 6 years old by December 31st, 2020. All fully completed Enrollment Form must be received by April 1st, 2020 by 11:59 pm. There are no other requirements or fees for applying to EULCS. Applications received after the deadline will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which they were received. The date, time, and location of the enrollment selection will be made known to the public, with advance notice. The enrollment lottery is open to the public and conducted by a disinterested party. While families are welcome to attend, this is not a requirement and the family’s absence will not jeopardize enrollment selection.
New Student Selection
New students will be selected as follows: if the total number of applications is less than total number of new seats, then all students will be accepted. If the total number of applications is more than the total number of new seats, a lottery will be held at Lyceum Charter School, 421 W. 145th St, New York NY 10031 on Monday, April 6, 2020 at 1pm. Admission selection offers a student enrollment in ELUCS. Target language program will be assigned after the student has been admitted. EULCS will use the following admission preferences:
- Students who are residents of Community School District 6 (CSD 6);
- Returning students;
- Siblings of already enrolled students; and
- Children of employee, whom may constitute no more than fifteen percent of the charter school’s total enrollment.
Households that receive an official acceptance notification, will have 72 hours from the date of notification to inform EULCS of their acceptance decision. Non-replies will be viewed as declining admission. Households have 5 days from receiving the registration packet to provide required documents. By April 29, 2020 all registration information must be received.
Households declining an offered enrollment seat, must do so by:
- Letter or email written to Admission;
- Online system that will be linked to EULCS website;
- In person.
If a household wishes to reapply after declining an admission seat, EULCS may place the child at the end of the waitlist.
EULCS will establish a waitlist of students from the list of new applicants who were not offered a seat from the selection process and those who applied after April 1, 2020. Vacancies will be filled from the waitlist until June 30, 2021. The waitlist will expire June 30, 2021. Notification of waitlist placement will be sent to those families not offered an enrollment seat. If a vacant seat is offered to a waitlisted student, they will have 48 hours from date of notification to inform EULCS of their decision. Accurate contact information will be kept of students who were placed on the waitlist.
Current enrolled students will be provided with matriculation forms in January 2021. Returning students will need to inform EULCS of their intent by February 1, 2021.
Student Withdrawal and Enrollment Removal
Education Unlimited Lyceum Charter School is a free public school of choice. At any time, a parent (guardian) may wish to withdraw or transfer their child from EULCS. A parent (guardian) wishing to withdraw their child from EULCS will be asked to compete the Withdrawal Notification Form, including relevant contact information such as the student’s name, parent’s (guardian) name and contact information, and the name and address of the school to which the student will be transferring, as well as a questionnaire.
Any household that does not reply to an admission offer within the specified time will be viewed as a declined offer and removed from enrollment. By April 30, 2020, if student’s registration packet is not complete, EULCS reserves the right to remove the student from enrollment. Any student who is not in attendance for the first 20 consecutive days of the school year, will be removed from enrollment in accordance with Education Law §3202.1(a).
Required with Registration
- A. Student Information
- Proof of Student’s Age: a copy of a Birth certificate, passport, Baptism, or notarized letter explaining circumstance for why information is not available, and the process being taken to acquire necessary documents;
- Proof of Parent legal guardianship of child;
- Up-to-date immunization record;
- Health Examination Form(s),
- Student Records:
- Most recent transcript and report card, where applicable;
- Student’s most recent IEP and evaluation documents, where applicable.
- B. Household Information
One (1) of the following documents below providing proof of address:
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A cable/television bill providing service to address. It must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill of the address with name of parent;
- A water bill of the address, must be dated within the past 90 days and with name of parent;
- Rent receipt including name and address, dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes address;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and must include name of student and address.